We decided to be silly by assigning each of us a set of sonas, and nobody stopped us. This is what happens
- Galaxysona: Dahalis Caruny Iyil/Grand Confluence of Helices, large galaxy somewhat like Rubin's galaxy in size and circumstances. Has two arms which come together to make a central ring, plus a faint bar. The arms are largely unwound, with smaller arms filling the gaps.
- Spaceshipsona: Lucyna, kind of a lot of the other types of sona combined- Planet-starship AI controlling the systems and cities of an inhabited starfaring planet, including various other bodies. Fuck yeah.
- Deitysona: Azrishapash, she who ensures that the universe doesn't suck from her seat at the centre. Perceptual oddness- can pluck a star from the sky and it can stay the same relative size.
- AIsona: Lysistrata, AI who consists of... "forcibly-abandoned" networked military equipment. Yknow, like ICBMs and such.
- Fursona: Lalage, stereotypical mothsona. Fuck it, four arms. Fuck it, talky fucker. Fuck it, I will crush your computer in a hug.
- Starclustersona: Keladu Akada Milar/Chloric Vault, star cluster with many megastructures including gravity control arrays.
- Spaceshipsona: Eustella, humanoid spaceship styled like an Ambassador-Class from Star Trek. Circular cross-sections, all cyan and turquoise and glowy.
- Angelsona: Audience, a choir of angels turned to their own purpose. Hiveminds of angels are the cutest kind, okay?
- Robosona: Divora, colorful (fairies is the best word) suspended in (utility silt is the best word). yay nanobots
- Fursona: Elia, mink lady a friend made for us like 2 years ago.
- Planetsona: Hadassah, quite possibly the smallest you can make a habitable planet. Features a big ol' crater filled with almost equal parts argon, oxygen, and nitrogen.
- Spaceshipsona: Miryam, NASA-style humanoid spaceship. Gold-foil on the legs, that's hydrogen fuel tanks. Jettisonable thighs!
- Angelsona: Hanasherah, angel in the sense of "deity who downplays it". Taken to extremes- a proper creator deity who acts small.
- Robosona: Electra, robolady whose several bodies are all united by the theme of they gotta have at least dangerous-looking arcs of electricity. Tesla coils, plasma balls, jacob's ladders...
- Fursona: Khava, lemurs are cool and that's all we fucken know.
- Planetsona: Artsaysaphan, huge fast-spinning oceanworld with alien-seeded flying land.
- Angelsona: Difficult to pin down someone defined as "the person we are when we feel like an angel" as one angel, no?
- Robosona: Mira, "rusty" riveted-metal robolady whose internals are designed to look uncomfortably way too close to organic internals but can be shifted and bent in the wrong way with no ill effects. She can drink through any part of her body, pretty much.
- Fursona: Theodosia, hilariously tall (8'3") catgirl.
- Nebulasona: Vhisek Eteia/Variegated Patina, seemingly normal nebula with an entire fucken quasistar hidden behind oh so very much gas and dust that it's merely concerningly bright rather than galactically bright.
- Spaceshipsona: Technically also Khama? If you let me go at "cool complex stuff inside it" enough, you get... a "toy" universe complete with self as giant spaceship. Go figure.
- Angel/Universesona: Gemma, mothlike angel whose wings are made of "decorative" universe. Pinkish-purple coloration.
- Robosona: Khama, short grayish metal robolady with a transparent purple torso with cool complex stuff inside it.
- Other sona: Calonike, blue elf bitch. Wildly clashy clothing, would eat a rock.
- Galaxysona: Solekhynatsa/Topaz Crossroads/Localmost Starway, galaxy the Ecumene (and its sister settings) live in. It's got six spiral arms and is frankly concerningly large, but its group of companion galaxies is kinda small.
- Spaceshipsona: Sostrata, technically not a spaceshipsona but that's what her clothing should be styled like. Short lady with blue spacey skin, fuck yeah
- Deitysona: Shammuramat, the lady who spends her time looking deep into the universe and who stirs it every once in a while to ensure heat death is avoided.
- Robosona: Khana, tiny doll-like robolady who wears colorful clothes and has telescoping limbs.
- Angelsona: –, angel as in "creature with divine power but nowhere near the identity-as-natural-force". Technically also a spaceshipsona, she carries other ships at FTL. >:3
- Solarsystemsona: Yofashtart, system crammed with like 19 planets with vaguely habitable temperatures.
- Deitysona: Asterope, the lady who arranges groups of stars into single-color clusters to use as lamps.
- Robosona: Sphene, former terraforming robot gets a new form that's a tall "humanoid" that's nonetheless too short for her powerplant to not be noticeable as light that glows through like half her body. Two pairs of arms and legs, producing an overall silhouette that's a bit uncomfortable for someone too used to Normal Humans:tm:. Body dotted with sensory packages, hair is designed for magnetic sensing, has an eye on the back of her head for fun.
- Angelsona: Alcyone, angel lady with variable size and variable number of appendages (wings, arms, etc) but definite sustained glowiness. Fuck yeah
- Planetsona: Rachav, Neptune-mass waterworld with a thick breathable atmosphere and alien-seeded man-of-war-like land.
- Spaceshipsona: Athelya, spaceship with a buncha fucken arms. It's ideal for eating comets, you understand.
- Deity/Universesona: Lilith, layered stack of universes whose entire body is suffused with growing things. Common theme between layers of a "crown", the lushest part of the body.
- Robosona: Deianeira, tall dusty-pink robolady with inlaid LEDs and solar panels. Wears stuff like sundresses, silky gloves, parasols....
- Fursona: Khaya, hilariously short catgirl.
- Starclustersona: Soraya, meticulously arranged spirals-on-spirals of stars in varied colors.
- Spaceshipsona: Anaktoria, effectively just a porting of the concept of a Grand Voyageur to my own happyfunideas. Planet-sized starship who sails through black holes.
- Deitysona: Dziewanna, goddess whose physical form is orbited by a retinue of planets. gay bitches lol
- Fur/Other sona:
- Starclustersona: Divana, the mid-sized globular cluster the Ecumene's sister setting lives in. Ancient to the point where every star system has had at least a few people live in it for a while, and generally full of hiveminds at the moment.
- Spaceshipsona: Cypojra, 40km fuckoff huge spaceship designed to just fucking Vibe for a couple centuries with absolutely no resupply. Think Homeworld, but not as fucky.
- Angelsona: Ananke, hilariously soft moth seraph. somebody had to be the [dont you dare call me a snuggle bug]
- Deitysona: Ayalga, best described as "deity with an event horizon". It's... really hard to express that more indepthly!
- Galaxysona: Seiukot/Walled Whirlpool, starburst ring galaxy with faint spiral arms joining the ring and the hub.
- Spaceshipsona: Illustrious, 60km ship designed as the Maximum Battleship. Doesn't have much of a crew cuz she's a bit of a bitch, but you can't argue with results (but this is the Ecumene, so the results aren't fucking evil).
- Angelsona: Shaushka, your "standard" destroying-angel-as-ball-of-wings-and-eyes.
- Robosona: Havatzelet, silvery metal robolady with purple transparent parts. Legs can be switched out for ones that end in wheels. Always purple and orange arm/leg warmers, otherwise clothes vary.
- Robosona... 2!: Anathsheva, robolady with a hilarious number of body-integrated weapons. Yknow, vertical launch missiles on the back...
- Galaxysona: Asihrin Ilsevna/Joining Coil, huge fairly conventional active spiral galaxy with four arms coming off a central ring and a large group of companion galaxies.
- Spaceshipsona: Nikkaltsuri, robolady/spaceship whose body is white and black with indigo highlighting. Has ports along her sides, because she's actually the ambulatory (or whatever the term is for a spaceship) container of an entire fucken space habitat.
- Angelsona: Noun, small pigeon-ish angel of the "angels are just regular people" variety.
- Other sona: Nekhama, glowy vague static/void entity.
Assorted Writing About Sonas
"i think the real difficulty in differentiating from that version of that other character is that red is basically the best color for a flame star angel lady... and it also looks good. but that might be ok cuz the actual version of that character is purple
I think leaning into the ~biblical angel~ thing is the best way to go, I'm definitely maximizing arms but instead of the eyes being in the "hair" they're on wheels and spirals and such. Wings are actually surprisingly iffy, I love ridiculously big numbers of wings but I'm unsure they fit this one. The same sort of facial detail makes sense to me, evident facial parts etc. I like the eye flames but maybe they're from the wheel eyes rather than the head ones. I do like the "no clear distinction between head and hair", but since this is an explicitly embodiment-of-spaceystuff character maybe it could slide up the spectrum from red to yellow to white to blue
Clothing probably follows the same "semi-transient changeable flame container" form, starting most simply as gloves and boots but usually as if all the usual clothing was one element, it's able to take more expansive forms but because it's a container it has to be enclosed (i.e, a dress would build a sort of saltshaker shape). This container is probably light gray or white, perhaps a B or O star's blue. Same color for the wheels- eyes are any flame color, black sclera, yellow or amber iris. Wheels are separate from the body, and their number varies- idle state is as halo, perhaps concentric with some spinning-on-axes. The wheels can do stuff similar to the clothing- empty wheel to spoked wheel to wheel with patches of [similar to her skin] between spokes to an eye-covered cylinder. She gets to have tits cuz that's self-care."